Scotts Timber Engineering recognises the importance of protecting the environment for future generations and is committed to a process of continual improvement regarding our environmental impact. As a company we recognise that timber from a sustainable source is the most effective building material for reducing carbon footprint.
As a manufacturing company, Scotts Timber Engineering, recognises the importance of the following issues as the basis for our on-going commitment to reduce not only our own environmental impact, but also to assist our customers to reduce theirs;
- Ensuring all our timber is from sustainable sources through accreditation under the PEFC scheme
- Ensure our supply chain has similarly serious commitment to the environment
- Minimise production waste and increase recycling
- Move to eliminate, reduce or recycle packaging
- Minimise power consumption and wastage
- Manage working practices to reduce noise pollution
- Have a transport policy which minimises fuel consumption and impact on other road users
- Constantly seek out best practice and interact with our customers programmes
This policy forms the basis of a working practice which is communicated to all of our employees and clients. We encourage all of our staff to be pro-active on environmental issues and raise any concerns or improvement opportunities they may have.
We would be delighted to hear from you, so please call us on 01527 520550
or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org