What is a spandrel panel?
A spandrel panel is a pre-assembled structural panel used to separate walls or external gables, replacing the need for masonry walls. Scotts’ spandrel panels are easy for housebuilders to install and comply with current building regulations.
There are two types of spandrel panels – party wall and gable wall panels.
A party wall panel is used as a separating wall between two residential buildings. Whereas gable wall panels provide an alternative to the inner leaf of an exterior masonry wall at the gable end of a building.
What are the benefits?
There a number of benefits that spandrel panels offer housebuilders.
- The panels are manufactured in an offsite controlled manufacturing facility
- They can help improve safety onsite, as they require less time working at height
- Spandrel panels can be installed quickly which can result in lower costs
- They replace the need to construct masonry walls, which can reduce costs and time
- Onsite waste reduction
- Using spandrel panels can help to address the shortage of skills onsite
Scott’s spandrel panels comply with the latest building regulations and Robust Details – structural, thermal, and fire resistance performance standards. There is also no need to go to two different manufacturers as we can provide your roof trusses and spandrel panels in one single package.