We keep this Policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in May 2021.
Scotts Timber Engineering is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
Information, Collection and Use
Information our website automatically collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect information including the following:
- technical information, including a truncated and anonymised version of your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got to the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, documents downloaded and download errors.
If you opt-in to receive communications from Scotts Timber Engineering we will ask for identifiable information including but not limited to your name, phone number, email address and postal address. Personal identifiable information will therefore only be collected as a result of you supplying it and only used to contact you. Your details will never be passed on to third parties.
Keeping in Touch with You
Further communication will only be sent to you if you opt-in. If you do opt-in and later decide you no longer wish to receive information from us you can unsubscribe from our emails, alternatively you can email [email protected]
A cookie is an element of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from our website and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our website uses these cookies to collect information, which help to improve our website. As described above, this anonymous information is used and analysed to help us understand trends and patterns at an aggregate level, none of the information is reviewed at an individual level. If you do not want any anonymous details used in this manner you can refuse the cookies.
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous, which cannot personally identify you. You can find more information about cookies here.
We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Rights under the Data Protection Act 1998
You have the right to access the personal data that we hold on you. This includes:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Scotts Timber Engineering holds and processes
- The right to access your personal data – you may ask us for a copy free of charge
- The right to amend your personal data
- The right to erase your data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights stipulated above, please contact [email protected] with the details of your request.
Links to Other Sites
Throughout the Scotts Timber Engineering website, you will find links to third party websites. Please note that Scotts Timber Engineering is not responsible for the privacy policies or content found on third party sites.
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If information is received from a child under 13, it is instantly deleted from our servers.
Our experienced sales and project team can help you with all your project requirements from design and planning through to build and installation. Why not get in touch to start your process and book a FREE no obligation initial chat with one of our team.