COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT
Given the Coronavirus / Covid-19 pandemic, we would like to reassure our customers and suppliers that Scotts Timber Engineering will continue to trade as normal.
As a company, we are closely monitoring the current situation and government guidance on the Coronavirus outbreak. Our duty of care to our staff, customers and suppliers is of paramount importance and we are equipping our business to ensure it continues uninterrupted.
Our management team are undertaking regular meetings to review the changing situation and updates from Government agencies and the World Health Organisation. We are monitoring this closely and ensuring that we are as prepared as we can be.
To ensure the safety of our employees and visitors, we are working together to reduce the opportunity of the virus spreading. We have put in place the following procedures:
• Additional stocks of cleaning products and hand sanitisers distributed around the company.
• Instructing employees, customers and contractors in best hygiene practice, promoting regular and thorough handwashing.
• Encouraging visitors to our offices to follow hygiene protocol and clean & sanitise their hands on a regular basis.
• Supporting staff with respect to self-isolation where they are showing symptoms or have travelled from affected areas.
• Postponing or minimising the need to attend off-site business meetings with customers and suppliers.
• Investigation into the ability to operate some of our office-based job roles remotely so in the event of an office closure we can
continue to operate across most functions on a day to day basis.
• Closer communication with customers with respect to deliveries, ensuring we are not putting anyone at risk.
• Avoiding sending employees who may be at higher risk of serious illness to areas where Covid-19 is spreading.
At Scotts Timber Engineering, our focus remains on ‘Business as Usual’ and an uninterrupted supply to our valued customers whilst we remain diligent and responsive to government recommendations and guidance.
We sincerely hope that the impact on our staff, customers and their families is minimal.