If you have a technical background in design, engineering, joinery or sales, send us your CV or call us for an informal chat.
If working as part of a team yet also having the autonomy to manage and master your work sounds like the perfect fit, please get in touch.
The primary objective of the FC is to manage the day to day running of the Accounts Department and to provide the Board with financial information.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of working within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
The role will suit a candidate that has strong interpersonal skills, and can build relationships at all levels within the organisation, with ease, as complex financial information will need to be presented and delivered in a concise way to a variety of audiences within the organisation.
The candidate must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills, with an ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment. The noteworthy Financial Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports and drive income generation.
Above the aforementioned. The opportunity to join a young management team to help support the endeavours and growth of the 100year old business.
- Preparing financial reports for our senior team
- Providing management information – month end results, forecasts as well as weekly/monthly KPIs
- Analysing financial data
- Prepare and process monthly salaries
- Overseeing and preparing income statements
- Daily cash flow management, with the ability to forecast cash flow
- Compliance with PAYE and VAT regulations, ensuring the timely submission of returns
- Financial audit compliance
- Participating in budgeting processes
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Evaluating and managing risk
- A Degree in Accounting or equivalent (ACCA, CIMA etc)
- Proven experience in finance management
- Experience working in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders on a regular basis to provide clear, concise and accurate information
- IT literate in systems relevant to role e.g. Excel, Word, Pegasus Opera3 (or similar accounting package)
This is a perfect opportunity for a self-motivated and focused marketing individual looking for career progression in a thriving family-owned business.
Initially working alongside our marketing agency, there is a long-term goal to bring marketing back into the forefront of our mission to be the best that we can be.
Our internal focus for this candidate is to support modernisation and company direction, whilst nurturing ‘family feel’ ethos.
This role will provide support to the Managing Director and divisional teams.
About Scotts of Thrapston
Engrained with passion and quality for over 100 years, Scotts is a renowned for high quality, specialist timber products including Timber engineering, Summerhouses, Stables Garages and Outbuildings.
Scotts has established its enviable reputation by providing a combination of high-quality timber products, attention to detail and personal customer service. The perfect mix of modern technology and traditional craftsmanship ensures a flexible and efficient manufacturing process to suit customer demand, for all products.
Objectives of this Role
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Analyse customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Partner with email, performance marketing and web teams to design, test and evolve lead nurturing tactics.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Working in partnership with the marketing agency, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, including print, digital, and video assets
- Manage content and updates for customer and internal touch points, establishing budget guidelines, participating in events, documenting business processes, and providing additional sales support
- Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase customer conversions, and generate more qualified leads
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
The primary objective of the TF is to manage the day to day running of the Truss Department and to provide leadership and management to the team.
- Ensure that Health & Safety is of paramount importance in the department, ensuring that the workplace is kept clean and tidy. Establishing and maintaining designated work spaces, storage areas and gangways
- Train, mentor and motivate the workforce ensuring that individual development is recorded on the Skills Matrix and in the employees personnel file
- Engage with employees and positively encourage their input to continuously improve both efficiency and the working environment
- Ensure that all production data is processed in both a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that materials are managed accordingly ensuring safe storage, accurate stock records and movement
- Managing the reduction of process waste
- Ensure that all machinery, hand tools etc are kept maintained and report any maintenance and or service requirements to senior management
- Build a strong working relationship with other departments and management within the company
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Worked in a joinery / production environment or similar
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Motivational and influencing skills
- Organised, able to prioritise
- Approachable and a good listener
- Experience in conflict management and resolution
We are currently looking to fill the position of truss labourer within our roof structures division.
- Assemble timber parts in order to build roof trusses
- Carry out general labouring duties
- Adhere to all Health & Safety legislation
- Full training will be given, however, previous experience would be a great advantage.
Please apply in writing, enclosing a current CV along with salary expectations, to Michelle Dean, at the address below or via e-mail to: [email protected]
Scotts of Thrapston Limited, Bridge Street, Thrapston, Northamptonshire. NN14 4LR
Scotts has provided excellent customer service with punctual responses, attention to detail throughout the design process and this has culminated by reliably supplying a top-quality product, delivered on time and within budget.
Scotts Timber Engineering hit the mark on design and cost. They have been very proactive with us and everything has run very smoothly from start to finish.
Start your project today
Contact us today to see how we can help